Saturday, February 18, 2006

Status for "Fuel" edits: 90%

The book has been completely edited for style and content (but of course as soon as my partner Laney started reading it, she found things she thinks need to be changed... things like the date on the first page -- should be "2000" not "2005"... d'oh), so there will be more to do and more to come. I've also got a friend reading the manuscript... we'll see what she comes up with.

Status for the "Fuel" Virtual Book Tour: 10%
Okay, so it's more like 17%, since I do have one reading out there, already. But I'm seriously behind, and in the back of my head, I'm very disappointed with myself for "slacking off". Oh, well. I had to focus on the edits, and that's what I did, dammit! I've been occupied by things like blog CSS work, helping out with my partner's drumming circles, spending time with friends (which is a new thing for me, solitary that I am... somehow, I've turned out to have a bunch of friends!)... oh, and landing a full-time contract with a little company that's very eager for me to complete my tasks ASAP. And I've got to learn ASP.NET, which is fine. I can do that. I've got my book and the web to see me through. And it's a long weekend, so I can actually get something DONE this (three day) weekend! It's all good.

Just as an aside, I've been listening to "Weekend" by the group Curve, over and over for the past hour. It's fun. Listening to music over and over and over -- repeating it infinitely -- is something I've always done. It puts me into a semi-trance, and I find that even when I try to "dump out" of a song and go on to another, I'm in a groove. I'm catching up with all my blogs to the tune of "Weekend" and I'm trying to be easy on myself for having not gotten any podcasting/virtual book tour work done in the past month -- no, two months! Good grief. I've got people downloading the VBT RSS and the MP3, so what the $%&#^? Why am I holding out on people?

I went on vacation in Provincetown, and I'm not sure I ever came back. I'll be recording subsequent readings, starting this weekend, since I now have a new laptop and I've got Audacity loaded into it. It's also a lot faster than the other PC I was using to do my production, so that should help. And I can work anywhere, which is good. Throw the laptop and microphone headset in the car, and go out to a beautiful scenic vista and record my readings there. It could work. And the acoustics inside my little car are probably more conducive to audio production, than my living room or study. It could work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home